Overview and eligibility
The Vanguard Dependent Scholarship Program assists eligible crew members in funding a dependent child’s post-secondary education. Vanguard offers this benefit as part of a commitment to giving our crew and families the best start toward future success.
How the program works
The Dependent Scholarship Program provides a $1,000 taxable scholarship per academic year for a dependent child's post-secondary education expenses. The program benefit has a lifetime cap of $4,000 for each eligible dependent child.
EdAssist, an industry leader in strategic, managed education solutions administers Vanguard's Dependent Scholarship Program.
Eligible crew member
You are eligible for the dependent scholarship program if you:
- Are an active, full-time crew member (scheduled to work 37.5 or more hours per week).
- Have completed at least two years of Vanguard service.
Crew members at all levels up to and including principal may take advantage of this program.
Eligible dependent child
The Dependent Scholarship Program is available for any dependent who meets the following eligibility requirements:
- Is age 25 or younger as of the date the crew member first submits a Dependent Scholarship Application with EdAssist.
- Is considered a full-time (at least 12 credits completed per semester) undergraduate student at an accredited two- or four-year college or university or a full-time student at a technical/trade school.
- Has successfully completed two consecutive semesters.
Any dependent child enrolled in a graduate program, professional designation program, or certificate program, or as a part-time undergraduate student, does not qualify as a dependent child under the program.