It is important to designate beneficiaries to ensure they receive your assets upon your death. Crew members can name or change their beneficiaries for the benefits listed below at any time. Unlike other benefits changes, you do not need to wait for a life event.
Tips for naming or changing your beneficiaries:
- Have the following information available for your intended beneficiary when making updates to your plan: name, relationship, date of birth, address, and Social Security number.
- Note that beneficiary designations do not carry over between benefits and must be updated separately. For example, if you recently updated your life insurance beneficiaries, you still have to take steps to update the beneficiaries for your Retirement Savings Plan. (RSP).
- Review and update your beneficiary designations periodically, particularly when you experience a major life event, such as birth, marriage, divorce, or a death in the family.
- Be sure your allocation percentages each add up to 100% for primary and secondary (contingent) beneficiaries if you are naming more than one beneficiary.
Naming or changing RSP beneficiaries
Naming or changing life insurance beneficiaries
To add or edit beneficiary's personal information
Go to Workday and type "beneficiaries" in the search bar. Click add to add a new beneficiary or Edit to change the personal information associated with an existing beneficiary. If you add a new beneficiary, you must complete the steps below to allocate a percentage to this person.
To change the amount allocated to a beneficiary
In Workday, type "change benefits" in the search bar and select the Change Benefits search result. Then, follow these steps:
- Select Beneficiary Change as the Benefit Event Type.
- Enter the current date as the Benefit Event Date and click Submit to send your event notification to Crew Central™.
- Click Open on the next page and complete the steps to allocate new percentages to your beneficiaries. (Note: To remove a beneficiary, allocate 0% to that individual.)
Naming or changing HSA beneficiaries
Crew members enrolled in the High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) most likely have a health savings account (HSA) with Health Savings Administrators. To designate or change a beneficiary on your account, follow these steps:
- Complete the HSA Designation of Beneficiaries Form under Take Action.
- Return the completed form by mail or fax to Health Savings Administratorsaccording to the instructions on the form.
Note: Beneficiaries are not established during the online enrollment process. Once your enrollment is complete, Health Savings Administrators will mail you a Welcome Kit with the beneficiary form included.
For more information, please refer to Health savings accounts (HSAs): Q&A: Beneficiaries in Research.