Several tools are available to help you choose your benefits well and use them wisely.
Here are some actions you can take to help you manage your benefits and health care. You can find more information in Related Items.
- Take advantage of Aetna online.
- Aetna Navigator. Visit this secure website under Take Action to review your claims status, explanations of benefits, and balances for your health reimbursement arrangement (HRA). You can also request a replacement member ID card and download claims data to your own computer. The site also gives you access to these resources:
- Aetna's Member Payment Estimator. Before your next medical service or procedure, use this tool to get a real-time estimate of your out-of-pocket costs.
- DocFind for Vanguard plans. Find doctors, hospitals, and other providers that participate in the networks that qualify for in-network coverage under Vanguard's health plans.
- Aetna SmartSource. Access Aetna SmartSource on Aetna Navigator under Care & Treatment. Click Try it now to search a health topic and receive comprehensive results such as in-network local doctors, commonly prescribed medications, estimated health care costs, and much more.
- Personal Health Record. Your Personal Health Record is a private and secure online site where you can keep your health information. It includes information that is automatically loaded from your Aetna claims as well as information you enter yourself.
- Talk to professionals about health issues.
- Teladoc. Conveniently contact a national network of U.S. board-certified doctors and pediatricians over the phone or via online video 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Doctors can diagnose non-emergency medical concerns, recommend treatment, and prescribe medication, if needed. Register online at teladoc.com/Aetna or call 855-Teladoc (835-2362).
- Aetna Nurse Line. Speak to a team of registered nurses on a variety of health topics, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This service is available to all crew members and their covered family members who participate in the Aetna medical plans. Give it a try by dialing 800-556-1555.
- Best Doctors. Crew members and their dependents can receive an expert review of a previous diagnosis or treatment plan. Make sure that diagnosis is accurate by calling 866-904-0910.
- Order prescriptions, cut over-the-counter costs, or estimate costs with CVS Caremark.
- Caremark.com. Save time and money by ordering new prescriptions or refills online. You can also research a range of health topics, learn about generic drugs, and find a database of herbs and supplements. Interactive tools let you calculate your body mass index or quiz yourself on your health knowledge.
- CVS Caremark ExtraCare Card. Use this card at any CVS/pharmacy and receive a 20% discount on over-the-counter, CVS-exclusive products. Sale items do not qualify for the discount. To order a card, contact CVS Caremark at 866-559-6903.
- Cost calculator. Estimate the cost you will pay for prescription medications under Vanguard's medical plans by logging in to Caremark.com and using the Check Drug Cost & Coverage tool.
- Search the cost and quality of your medical care.
- Healthcare Bluebook. The Healthcare Bluebook tool on healthcarebluebook.com/cc/vanguard allows you to make educated decisions on where to get quality care and save on your out-of-pocket costs. Search a variety of medical procedures to find a range of prices in your region and to access quality ratings for a particular facility. Healthcare Bluebook provides the most accurate cost information calculated from a national database of medical payment data in your geographic region.